BENEFITS OF OUR CREATIVE WORKSHOPS
The benefits of pottery painting include the fact it is a very flexible tool to use in workshops. It can be used as part of a programme to improve employee wellbeing, as a fun, inclusive team building activity or to help creative problem solving in the work place.
We think pottery painting is a pretty powerful creative approach to use in workshops because it brings the following advantages:
1) High quality takeaway item to act as a reminder of the session. All participants will create a high quality item that can sit on a desk and act as a daily reminder of the session and the agreements made. Finished items can even be created into a bigger installation in the office – for example creating a wall with tiles painted on the day.
2) Helps everyone to express themselves and their ideas. The approach of using pottery painting to visually represent perspectives and ideas is a great leveler as it will be slightly out of the comfort zone of most participants. This allows for more equal interaction between the group in terms of introverts vs extroverts and senior versus junior members.
3) A picture is worth a 1000 words. A visual representation of how someone sees a challenge or the vision for the company is often understood by others much faster than a verbal articulation and with more detail.
4) It is an inclusive approach – everyone can participate in the activity, irrespective to experience or artistic ability.
5) It has similar effects to mediation. It is a very absorbing activity that focuses you on the now. It can help reduce stress and help focus your mind.
6) It is a fun activity that helps take the seriousness out of work, helping to open up the mind.
Was feeling quite stressed and in need of a break at the start of the session. I was excited to try something new and now I feel much more relaxed and with a renewed sense of perspective and what's important. It was so great - thank you!
Was feeling tired and a bit stressed at the start of the session - now feel relaxed, chilled out and calm.
Very relaxing and awesome instruction. Feel happy and ready to go back to work now.
Loved this course, relaxed, informative with time built in for participants to talk and share ideas
Thanks - it was great. I forgot I had any problems
I loved the workshop! I am not very artistic, despite the desire to be. I found painting my bowl great fun and I'm over the moon with the finished piece. I can't wait to do it again.
Very relaxing experience
Thank you so much for a fun, yet relaxing time.
I really enjoyed the session it was something different and fun. I was amazed at what I could produce with Lorna's advice as I am not artistic at all. Thank you!
Liz (Elizabeth Kirkby) & I run the Speakeasy Stroke Group based in Gateshead. It is primarily a communication group for adults who've had strokes. We are often trying to think of new, fun activities that all can take part in/ enjoy. A few years ago I discovered Rainbow Pottery! As a consequence, the lovely Lorna has come to us regularly to deliver a themed pottery painting session - Christmas, Easter etc. She has always delivered a fantastic session and made sure that all our members have had a successful & enjoyable session. We'll see you soon!
Lorna came to do some work with our Sibling Support group and was amazing. All the children had a fantastic session and loved designing their plates with some of their favourite activities to do with their brother or sister who has autism. We'd love to have Lorna back again in the future & can't rate her highly enough.
I wanted to say a massive thank you for the recent pottery painting session with the young people’s group. As always your patient and supportive approach enabled the group to engage with the theme and express their views, while having a brilliant time. One young person said to me “I never thought I’d enjoy pottery painting but it was really relaxing and easy to chat when I was doing something else."
It was a delight to "escape" from "normal life" - Thank you
Totally relaxing morning - great to feel inspired at the end of it.
Wonderful session and an opportunity to meet some lovely, interesting people
A fabulous way to spend a morning. An opportunity to relax and achieve at the same time. Fab!
Fresh new sort of training session. Brings people together well. Great fun too!
Made us take time to think about where our business is going, which I think you don't always do.
It was a very useful course – I was surprised at how very clear the vision became and how I could create a representation of it – all down to Lorna’s excellent facilitation
A combination of Lorna’s business skills and creative knowledge provided a valuable business tool to used on a daily basis.