This policy sets out our commitment to protecting personal data and how we implement that commitment with regards to the collection and use of personal data.
We are committed to:
- ensuring that all staff are made aware of good practice in data protection
- providing adequate training for all staff responsible for personal data
- ensuring that everyone handling personal data knows where to find further guidance• ensuring that queries about data protection, internal and external to the organisation, is dealt with effectively and promptly
- regularly reviewing data protection procedures and guidelines within the organisation.
- meeting our legal obligations as laid down by the Data Protection Act 1998• ensuring that data is collected and used fairly and lawfully
- processing personal data only in order to meet our operational needs or fulfil legal requirements• taking steps to ensure that personal data is up to date and accurate• establishing appropriate retention periods for personal data
- ensuring that data subjects’ rights can be appropriately exercised• providing adequate security measures to protect personal data
- ensuring that a nominated officer is responsible for data protection compliance and provides a point of contact for all data protection issues
Job applicants, current and former employees
When individuals apply to work at Vibrant Thinking, we will only use the information they supply to us to process their application and to monitor recruitment statistics. Where we want to disclose information to a third party, for example where we want to take up a reference or obtain a ‘disclosure’ from the Criminal Records Bureau we will not do so without informing them beforehand unless the disclosure is required by law.
Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for 12 months after the recruitment exercise has been completed, it will then be destroyed or deleted. We retain de-personalised statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities, but no individuals are identifiable from that data. Once a person has taken up employment with Vibrant Thinking, we will compile a file relating to their employment. The information contained in this will be kept secure and will only be used for purposes directly relevant to that person’s employment. Once their employment has ended, we will retain the file in accordance with the requirements of our retention schedule and then delete it.
Disclosure of personal information
In many circumstances, we will not disclose personal data without consent. You can also get further information on:
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
- circumstances where we can pass on personal data without consent for example, to prevent and detect crime and to produce anonymised statistics;
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete personal data; and
- how we check that the information we hold is accurate and up to date.
People who email us
Any email sent to us, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Email monitoring or blocking software may also be used. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send to us is within the bounds of the law.Visitors to our websites
When someone visits Vibrant Thinking, we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
By using our site, you agree to us placing cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at www.aboutcookies.org.
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site,
Links to other websites
This policy does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
This was last updated in July 2019.
How to contact us
Vibrant Thinking at Rainbow Pottery Painting Ltd
NATA Ashington Workspace